Even better.  I have the solution to all your problems.
http://www.portforward.com/default.htm  Read, learn, and lose the n00b
clothes.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:42 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] [hlds}Dedicated Server Issues

Naming the ports that you open are for your reference.
 That way you can glance at them and know why you opened them.  Though the
D.S. Should connect to the Content Servers without a hitch... make sure you
are using the HLDSupdatetool and it is the current version.

  Not sure if this is where I should go with this, but I recently decided to
host my own dedicated server for
Counter-Stirke: CZ. I was going to make my own clan because me and a couple
friends wanted to be in it. My problem is, when I go to run the dedicated
server through Steam, the server can never connect to the Steam servers.
I've tried turning off my firewall and opening ports in my router, but the
information that it gives to open a port on my linksys router says that i
should make the name of the opening "certain name" and the name they give is
one character longer than the max my router allows. I don't know if this is
the problem but something is wrong and I can't figure it out...