-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Graham M.
Sent: Friday, 24 February 2006 11:14 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Log File Formats & Archiving Process

Adam Sando wrote:

>--
>[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Hi guys,
>
>I'm in the process of writing some scripts to manage my log file
>archive process, and have a couple of questions some of you may know
>the answers
>to:
>1. Why has Valve decided it is a great idea to have the log naming
>2. Is there an automated tool already available that can archive logs
>to directories based on either day or month?
>
>If the answer to #2 is no, then that's cool as I've already written the
>bzip2 and move process, however have not had it move based on date yet.
>If the answer is yes, this just makes my life easier ;)
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Adam.
>
>--

Its quite easy to trim the filename so you can find out the date and
month, ill have a look back at something ive done before when im more
awake if you like.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Hostworks Message Scanning
Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information contact
Hostworks on 1300 30 4848.