yahoo domains is by far the best imo.  when you first sign up, for
however many years you initially pay from is 2.99 a year.  after that it
is only 9.99. I personally really like them.  I trust yahoo because they
are a large and prosperous company.  Also I can use their name servers
which don't cost any extra which is a large plus.  Also a very simple
and clean interface.   I had been using dyno names (think that's what it
was) which was ok albeit the interface was pretty slow and clunky.  You
can see that yahoo's domain names are working because it manages the
domain for my server and email! http://deliriumservers.com/ (currently
on my home server, don't cry about slow page loads)