This is like the 8th email I've made regarding this steam validation
error issue that is plaguing every one of the servers I administrate. I
appreciate the quick fix solution for the problem, Alfred, but it
simply didn't work for my server. I know others say it did, and that's
super.

My last email I wrote concerning the issue including my command line so
you could correct it and make me feel incredibly stupid. Like if I
typo'd somewhere and missed it.

But instead you didn't even read my email. It looked something like this:

My email:

">> I guess I'm doing something wrong and overlooking it.

My command line looks like: hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game
dods -dir "C:\xx\xx" -username xxx -password xxx -beta swapbeta

What am I doing wrong? My users are still getting the error."

To which you replied,

"You should include "-beta swapbeta" on the command line if you see
"Steam Validation Rejected" errors. When you do that you will get v59 of
the Source Engine cache.

- Alfred"

Well that's nice. Except I did that. I even mentioned that I put the
-beta swapbeta in the srcds.exe parameters just incase I misunderstood
you.

So my community members took the liberty to write some letters to you
folks about the issue. We got a response.

""To correct this issue, please exit from Steam and delete a file in
your Steam directory named:

ClientRegistry.blob

This file would be in the location:

c:\Valve\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob or c:\program
files\Steam\ClientRegistry.blob (or wherever you installed Steam to).

The next time you start Steam it will re-create this file, do a brief
update and then you should be able to connect and play." "

Well, that didn't work either. Today marks... well almost a week of all
my servers, personal and rented, sitting empty due to some validation
error the suddenly cropped up with no explanation.

I added -verify_all to the parameters. Still erroring.

I've done all I can think of to fix the issue. I get phone calls and
emails day and night about the servers locking everyone out. I shell
out a decent ammount of cash to run this gaming community. I can't help
but feel it wasted because no one can play anymore unless I reboot the
server.

So where do we go from here?