What you need to do is download the "Hldsupdatetool.exe" and save it to your
server directory.Something like HLserver or something.Then open a command
prompt.Type in it.cd c:\HLserver and hit enter.When there type in
hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir
c:\HLserver -verify_all and hit enter.It will download a bunch of crap and
verify the files.Now once you have this done goto.......

http://www.uwc3.com/

Download the mod.Install it correctly via there install instructions for
dedicated servers.Once you have that installed.You should be able to click
on hlds.exe select cs and go with it.You will be able to connect just fine.

What it sounds like you are trying to do is use the server you download
through steam.And you won't be able to since you have to use the same
login.But do the above and you will be just fine.

In closing you will need acouple things....

Some free HD space.
Hldsupdatetool.exe
HLDS(Which the updatetool will get you)
Metamod 1.19p28