heh the good old days. I dropped a stack, my rubber band broke and I hadnt
numbered my program cards..hehe good fun :)
dex

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ook
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 2:12 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] re: Disabled Account

Yeah, still a young whipper snapper. I did, however, have the opportunity to
work on some older military equipment. I graduated from 1960's era tube
radar equipment to some old Sperry Univac systems. We used TI Silent 700
thermal printers (we don't need no stinkin' monitors) for i/o. And if I
could have a dollar for every card I've punched.... <sigh> the good old
days. And, oh oh oh, our hard drive! It was a CDC Hawk with a fixed 5MB hard
platter! Man, it screamed, especially when the heads crashed, which happened
on a regular basis. Back in those days, when you had a head crash, you
cleaned it, replaced the heads, platter, and absolute filter, aligned the
heads, and put it back into service. I could do that in less then an hour.