From: Giles Millward
Date: 04/23/06 16:58:44
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] SRCDS will not run

I just wanted to say thanks to Kyle for the nice comment about my plugin
for the source engine :)

As for the tickrate command line command it certainly does exist and is
only available in the command line to start source.
How do I know this ? I had to test it at differing tickrates to make
sure that the command ma_version and the cvar mani_tickrate report the
correct information.

My test server on my pc uses the following startup command: -

srcds.exe -allowdebug -tickrate 66 -console -game cstrike -port 27099
+map de_dust +maxplayers 16

I'm guessing it is deliberately not setup as a cvar so server admins
cannot adversely affect a server's performance if sharing it amongst
different clients.

Now, the sys_ticrate command DOES exist on the original hl1 server
engine, but seeing as this post is titled 'SRCDS will not run' I'm
assuming that Kyle has installed the correct Source engine powered
server and not the old hl1 engine.

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com