From: "Scott Long" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 2:15 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Re: Server not showing in master server list...........
(Rick Gillespie)

Really? I am a Comcast subscriber after transitioning from Qwest and
Speakeasy. All three providers specifically state that service can be
terminated if the subscriber runs a "server". Some are even enforcing
bandwidth transfer caps and terminating accounts if that limit is
breached.

Instead of dedicating a box at home to running a 10 player or less server,
and eating up all my upstream, I find that it is much easier to provision
private server through a GSP, and if needed, have my 10 buddies donate 2
dollars a month to cover the cost. :) By the time you get done paying for
the hardware and perhaps even paying for a more expensive DSL line package
to accommodate the players, it is more cost effective to go the GSP rout.

But hey, to each his own.