zBlock Max and some other plugins enforce the interpolate settings
(however there's quite a bit of argument about the need to force
interpolate to 1 but not force a particular interp number)  The rate
settings can be enforced in many different ways.  Mattie's scripting
plugin is a popular choice, but it adds a lot of overhead to constantly
force them.  I am probably going to make a plugin that allows the
forcing of rate settings and interpolate to 1 but not touching interp.