-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Edward Luna
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 12:13 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] Strange client problem

Sorry if this is not the place to post this question but I can't find an
answer anyplace else and you guys are very good at solving problems.
Although I do run a hlDS this is not really a server question... almost.
This morning when I attempted to enter a game on my server (from my game
puter) Steam indicated that it was downloading updates... not too shocking
yet... but after the update was done and I tried to enter the game, I got a
message asking if I wanted to Download and install dedicated Server.  If I
say no, the Steam  "Servers" screen redisplays but I can't enter any server.
If I say yes, the Dedicated Server install downloads and thereafter, when I
attempt to enter any server, I get the screen up to start a "dedicated
server".
Long story short, I can no longer join any server from my client.  I
performed the standard "delete the Clientregistry.blob stuff and stopped and
started Steam several times, but the problem remains.  As near as I can
tell, my server is running fine but my game puter(client) can't join any
servers.  Basically, the function to join a server , no longer executes
Half-Life but instead wants to either download dedicated server or start
dedicated server.