I looked last night in the router screen and didnt see anything about a
firewall, but i'll look a little bit deeper tonight. My external at the
moment is 67.169.102.189 and thats what i entered into the server.cfg
file. I think i do have a spare Linksys WRT54G router. Would you reccomend
switching?

What version is it? The early versions are good, but Linksys ruined the
current version. The V5 and V6 models have half as much memory and a
different OS. It should be avoided. LInksys ruined a perfectly good router,
what were they thinking?

If you have an earlier version, switch. Then disable firewall at
Security/firewall tab. Go to Applications and Gaming, forward port 27015 to
server box.

You can't assign ip addresses, but windows, when it boots, will ask for the
last IP address it had, and this router will give it so you should not have
any problems with your ip address changing.