The exact message is:

You have been disconnected from the server.
Reason: Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket(server was unable to contact the
suthentication server).

Why do my servers get this error every once in a while.  The only solution
it seems is to reboot the whole server box. Does anyone else get this?

EDIT: I went into the machine with vnc to reboot it.  And one of the source
servers had crashed.  I clicked the ok button and then all of the hlds
servers worked again.  Very odd behavior.