-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Valdimar
Kristjánsson
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 9:43 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] .NET, IIS, MS-SQL and dedicated servers

Hi,

I managed to kill the faulty process.
It was a website statistics program that I installed a year ago.
I don't know why this started acting up now but when I killed it everything
works ok.
Now I've contacted my host and they've opened access to port 27015 so if you
could check whether you can see my server in Steam it would be greatly
appreciated.
212.247.101.20:27015

Another question regarding security:

What software are people using to detect break-ins and such on their
servers?
through netstat in cmd I found an IP connecting to my computer from Russia
on port 1433. I think the port is closed but I'm not sure. Could this be
dangerous?
I found a trojan that I read was something that allowed remote admin on my
server . I killed it but I don't know how long it's been there or if someone
has been doing something on my server.

Any tips on securing a server running HL2?

Thanks,
   Valdimar Kristjánsson
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.eleanetwork.com