From: Scott Tuttle
Date: 08/21/06 06:59:58
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] Funny

If you want to talk about linux go to the linux list and leave us alone.

Nobody cares about what you think.   Bashing windows on the windows hlds
list is just plain stupid.

We run a public and a private server on a Windows 2003 server box with 1gb
of ram and an iis site that gets 147k hits per day.  We rarely have to
reboot this machine (cept for windows updates) and we also run it system
timer unlocked.

I also run another server with 12 hlds/srcds processes.  All servers have
fast downloads enabled and get served from iis running on the same machine.
It runs hlstats on a few and generates res files and psychostats
automatically.  I have very little problems with this machine.

Have you considered that maybe you just suck ass with windows and that is
why you cant run a stable system with it?  Don't blame the operating system
for your lack of skills.  I admit I am not the best with linux but I do like
it and have used it in the past.  But this IS the windows hlds list...

Get a clue.