SourceMM is NOT the cause of any problems with plugins. SourceMM is mod
independant and is rarely affected by updates.

The problem occurs for plugins that use the server binaries directly instead
of going through either the Valve Server Plugin interface or the SourceMM
plugin interface. You might say, "then don't use the binaries directly" like
that. Here's why plugins do that:

Let's take "slap" for example. It does three things: 1) remove health  2)
knock the player around, and  3) play a "grunt" sound.

1 and 2 are NOT possible using the provided server interface. If you want a
slap function in your admin plugin, you must use a plugin that directly
links to the binaries.

Basically, if you use a plugin that does anything besides recording stats,
running server console commands, and using ESC menus that players don't see,
you'll be using a plugin that does not conform to the server plugin
interface.

Grant
(L. Duke)