Honestly, did people actually expect that by using Valve's wonderful,
flawless, pure API, that things would just work fine forever?  If I've
said it once I've said it a thousand times:  Valve does not care about
3rd party plugin development, much less how updates affect it.

  If they did, trivial knowledge of the popular plugins in the
community would have made sure that this update was scrapped or set off
by default.  Or, at the very least, used the correction solution of only
blacklisting potentially dangerous commands, rather than all commands.

  I continually see people on this list who yell at me and other plugin
development promoters (and usually specifically those supporting
Metamod:Source, like me).  Why?  Because we don't "work with Valve" and
"use what the Gods at Valve hath given us."  I often try to convince
people about how delusional that is, but with updates like this?  I
don't even need to try.

  It's just the facts: I now get to spend my Friday night rewriting my
plugins' menu interfaces at the last minute because Valve doesn't think
ahead.  If they were to put out an update that corrects this in the next
24 hours, I will gladly post to the mailing list, "I'm sorry, and I'm
glad Valve was able to see that they broke compatibility."

  But the only time I've ever seen a breaking change reverted was the
whole menu crisis a year or so ago.  And it seems taboo to even talk
about it.

   ---David "BAILOPAN" Anderson
   http://www.bailopan.net/

[KBH] Keeper wrote:
I use their API ONLY for my plugin.  And now it doesn't work.

WAY TO GO VALVE.

Jump on us for not using the supported method.

Then punish us for doing what you say.

Like I said.

Way