It's a tough cookie. Valve shouldn't be expected to support/consider
3rd party mods, but the pub server provider community (i.e. "us") have
grown to rely heavily on them.

In our instance, the reserve slot incentive provides our sole source
of funding for our public servers. In one form or another, our
not-for-profit operation has been doing this since 1.x days. Without
public servers, where would new CS:S owners play their multi-player
game? If you're in the good fortune to own your own hardware on a high
speed network, great, but most of us aren't.

The current mattie eventscript work around does get us around it, but
it's costing us pub traffic (the interface is NOT noob friendly). At
some point, the bottom line is going to hit us, and we're going to
have to yank our aggregate 92 public slots offline.

Valve, unless you're planning on getting into the public server market
(soon), I'm confident you're going to see the above trend, which
ultimately will affect your bottom line.

"Help us help you." Implement some sort of redirect functionality, or
allow us, the good honest server admins, the ability to disconnect and
connect clients.

Kind Regards,

[Mmmm]stuttering.john .gc
"Together we spawn."