Maybe the list admin could issue him a warning via email, request a guarantee
he won't act like an arrogant bottom hole again and spam the list with his
comments about how good he thinks he is, and if he agrees he gets re-subscribed
on the condition that if he does it again the removal is permanent.
Gives the guy a chance, but I've got to say I see enough people claiming they
think they're the best think since sliced bread, so I'd rather not have him
than have to wade through his claims.