From: chad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:35 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Post-outage thoughts

HUBS suck for more than 2 computers, and cost more than switches as you
cannot get them new anymore at stores.
however hubs are perfect for packet sniffing, and extending a cable past
the recommended cable max length, other than that they are not
economical, or sensible.
that said I just got a hub for sniffing and extending cables if need be.

is undetectable packet sniffing on switched networks easy (without
managed switches)