From: RMaioroff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 12:11 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] Ingame adds, who will remove them?

If they enabled / fixed them, it's a direct message that they're going to
stay. There is a substantial investment in time and money for them to
develop the ad based model and get it to this stage. Yes, a lot of us think
it's a bad idea, but we're not paying the salaries of the Valve staff.
Business decisions aren't going to happen overnight, but what will likely
happen quickly is the Valve guys beginning to take a hard look at the admins
whom foolishly use this mailing list to discuss counter-ad tactics. Is
discussing it illegal? No. In bad form? Yep.

The valve lists are valuable to me, and since they're a privilege that can
be taken away at any time, I just as soon say my 2 cents and hope that the
cumulative effect of mine and opinions from others will have some kind of
positive influence on the future decisions in their product design.

You can bet one thing though; continue to discuss how to defeat their
systems, and you'll be getting their attention for the wrong reasons.