Its probably bad modelling then and the new beta is being funny about it.
Any errors relating to it in console?

From: Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] Custom Model Not working in beta
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 12:59:17 -0400

I dont know if its a cl_restrict issue...cant imagine..but either way
valve will
get the model and check it on there side...and if need be fix it.,
Other CUSTOM models work fine..just not the one I was trying and it
did work in the non beta version of the client, and since it is
working in one version of the client I know (and I checked manually
as well) all the files are downloaded and in the right places.