Hello Everyone!

I seemed to have found something interesting and I'm wondering If other
people have noticed or if it's just me...

The problem began when users were complaining of no one joining their
servers, which I believed to be normal when a new server was created and
just put on the Valve master list. These things just take time.  Right?

However, upon further investigation I began to notice users who had an
IP Address of 7X.X.X.X where a lot more popular fairly quick compared to
others with different IPs (Such as 204.X.X.X or 216.X.X.X, etc) I fired
up Steam and refreshed my list, sure enough the first 1000 or so started
with the ip of 7X.X.X.X!! Now, I know not all of them start with a 7 but
the majority of them do.

I asked some of my friends located in different parts of the country
(USA) and they reported the same! This can't be a coincidence.

This clearly puts anyone with a different IP to a disadvantage. Out of
(Millions?) of users that use Steam to browse for CS, CS Source, etc
games who actually goes and Sorts their game servers? I do however I can
assure you most people don't, they just want to browse and find a game
quick.

I am interested in what other people think about this, maybe with enough
commotion we can get valve to fix this...

Thanks!

PS. If this issue has already been discussed please forgive me, I
quickly skimmed through the mailing list and found nothing related.

Caesar Engroba

[EMAIL PROTECTED]