if you are not behind a router try  sv_lan 0 in server console
and then give your freinds this ip http://www.whatsmyip.info/  :27015
----- Original Message -----
From: "andrew o'reilly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:45 AM
Subject: [hlds] (no subject)

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me.
Im just running a dedicated source server on my comp for a few friends to
play on. I can join this server from the same comp, but no one else can and
its also not visible in the Server List. I'm presuming coz when i start the
server up its putting the IP Address as 192.168.1.2 my computer's LAN ip
address and not my actual IP Address. Is this the problem? and anyone know
how i can fix it?
Thanks Andy