the binaries haven't been released yet, please be patient!

----- Original Message -----
From: "RMaioroff"
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 3:39 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Team Fortress 2 update oddness

Mike Durand: We've tried unsuccessfully to install the tf2 content. Both
on
Windows 2003 and Latest Red Hat Enterprise Server. We did the normal -
hldsupdatetool -command update -game tf -dir c:\pub#18 -verify_all
(different for nix), and the installer had the following behaviors:

Windows 2003 R2:
First try, seemingly complete (installer said 100%) download of the
content.
However, in your previous post, you said that srcds.exe would be in the
orangebox folder. It's not. For us the executable is in the parent folder
orangebox. For example, using the above command line example, we have:
C:\pub#8\srcds.exe. The only contents of orangebox is a single folder
named
tf and no executables or any files at all.

Red Hat Enterprise Server:
Multiple attempts where the installer claimed a reset connection. This is
server in the same rack/datacenter as the windows box, with the servers on
100M/bs to the public cloud. After about 6 times of the installer getting
~30-50% complete and then failing with that error, other strange shit
started happening, like the progress / percentage readout saying
112038475672% complete. I used the verify directive so it should have
checked the file map and put srcds into the orangebox folder (as a child
asset), correct? Again, like windows, the *ONLY* object in the orangebox
folder for me is one folder named tf.

So naturally, you try to start the server instance and it fails.

Anyone have this problem? If it helps to know, this is the first package
we've downloaded for tf and it was just about one hour ago.