I really disliked the respawn time until I realised that it is fast
for attackers, slow for defenders and equal on normal maps. This does
make for a far more attacking game where on the final point it gives
an extra 10 seconds or so for the attacking team to move towards your
point. It's irritating if you are desperately trying to defend your
point but at a game level it seems about right.

I am, however, very surprised at how long it takes to connect to a server.