Oh wow... just wow.

Very nice Jason, now i can find a Friendly Fire server to go act spy on :D

Jason Ruymen wrote:
One of the things that customers have been consistently requesting from
us a better method of finding game servers with the specific settings
that they like. Some players want servers with friendly-fire on, or TF2
birthday mode, or 24/7 Dustbowl, and so on. Other players specifically
want none of these, asking us how they can find servers with no changes.
At the same time, we've watched as server operators have increasingly
filled out their server names with descriptions of their custom
settings.

We've been working on a solution to these problems that we hope will
make sense, solving the player's desire to search for specific settings,
and the server operator's desire to have better descriptive tools for
their server. The concept is similar to web page metatags, where server
operators can specify descriptive tags in any manner, and clients can
search for servers by specifying the tags they're interested in. Some
tags are automatically filled in, based on server convars. For example,
in TF2 we've removed the restrictions on a variety of server options
(like friendly fire & respawn wave times), and now the tag system will
automatically add a tag when they're changed, so that customers who want
to play on these servers can easily find them.

Click here: http://www.steamgames.com/v/img/whatsnew/serverTags.jpg for
a screenshot of the new server browser interface that players will have.
As you can see, we've put a new tab onto it called "Custom". Servers
with tags will appear in this list, where the player can specify a list
of tags they're interested in. The "Add Common Tags" button will give
them a list of the top 20 tags in use across all the servers, so they're
able to easily choose the popular tags. Untagged servers will show up in
the old Internet games list.

Jason