The biggest issue with the Source is the way it deals with
config and output files. Basically you can configure various
options to load specific maplist, server.cfg etc but there
are many options for which there is no configuration option.

A good example of this is the per map.cfg files. Nice idea
but from what we can tell, without a totally separate install
of the server, its simply unusable as serverX would be forced
to use serverY's per map.cfg files.

The quick and simple solution to this issue is to add a
command line option to specify the "base config directory".

Many games are already providing this simple feature, and it
removes all the pain that we all suffer when trying to run
multiple servers from a single install.

Before someone pipes up and says why not just have multi
installs there are many reasons why this is simply not
practical e.g.
1. Space, our hl2ds "server" image is now 24GB and growing
2. Performance, using multiple images destroys any advantage
you get from the OS filesystem cache, as all servers are
running from different files.
3. Time, installing such a large server multiple times takes
a large amount of time no matter what hardware you have.
Especially with the absolutely massive number of files Source
has now.

Another example of this is the bans file, yes you can load
any ban file you like but the server always outputs to the
same place overwriting any loosing any other servers bans.

Adding an option to configure the default input / output folder
would solve all this. e.g.

-configdir "server1" would store configs under:-
cfg/server1/
-configdir "server2":-
cfg/server2/
etc.

Any questions, we'd be happy to answer but please please add
this feature so we can all better support you fantastic games!

   Regards
   Steve

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]