The respawn time is greater for defense because they don't have to run a
mile to get to the defensive point. The blu team has to run a lot farther
(or use teleporters) to get there at the same speed. By the time you get a
kill as blu and die, the person will have respawned by the time you get
there next most likely. If you let the defenders respawn too quick, there is
no way the attackers can gain control of the point without camping the
spawns. Tell them to stop dying if they don't like the respawn timers. =)