The email you quoted was about medics and unlockables in TF2 (and despite
the change in subject, my email client stuck it in the thread about tf2).
I think something went a bit wrong when you went to reply.

As it probably involves rewriting part of the query parsing code, i'd
wouldn't be suprised if it took a non-trivial amount of time to develop a
fix, especially as it'd need quite a bit of testing.  Luckily the
workaround's so easy, really