That doesn't really make sense, seeing as Steam is a distribution
platform for games and other things.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=content_stats

I'm pretty sure their master server(s) uses the least amount of
bandwidth of all of those machines, since it's only serving IP address
information to the client and retrieving IP/tags from the servers when
they send a heartbeat. Probably uses less bandwidth than a properly
configured 24 player 24/7 full server.