The recent security issue you brought up was fixed in version 2.33 of
elstatsneo and I believe is in the svn of lart's. These forums are now
the preferred place to download HLstatsX if not using the paid service
as the one at hlstatsx.com does not even support orangebox games (tf2
and dods).

Also, what does it matter if it's the "author" that supports it or not?
Technically Tobi isn't the author of HLstatsX. He just modified HLstats.
When working with code that is all open, it's just as easy for others to
become knowledgable about the code, especially when there are many
working together, rather than one person that knows what's going on.