Set sbox_plpldamage to 0 to enable PVP damage.  Also set sv_gamemode to
DarkRP as well as sv_defaultgamemode.  I put these in the command line,
so I'm not sure if it will work in the server.cfg.  You can also try
autoexec.cfg if that doesn't work.

If you have access to the command line, just add +sv_defaultgamemode
"DarkRP" +sv_gamemode "DarkRP" and take it out of the config.