I think we can all agree that some form of server browser is needed in game.
Right now, since we're limited to 4 slots, it's not a huge deal. When we get 8
- 14 slot servers, though, it will absolutely be a must. I think valve has
taken our feedback and we will see something like this when the full game is
released.> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:36:57 +0000> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Subject: Re: [hlds] Good idea? {L4D}> > I think
that this sounds good, but people would only do that if it was> implemented
into the game I think> > 2008/11/7 Andrew Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > >
Yeah, being able to associate servers with a Steam Community Group some how> >
would be neat.> >> > -----Original Message-----> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ronny Schedel> > Sent: Saturday, 8
November 2008 12:23 AM> > To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list> >
Subject: Re: [hlds] Good idea? {L4D}> >> >> > The "group lobbies" already
exist, we have the Steam Groups on> > steamcommunity.com> >> > These groups
needs to be linked to the match making system. The owner of> > the> >> > group
should be able to add server IPs to his group and voila, we are done.> >> >> >
> Does anyone else think that having a "Group lobby" for L4D would be a> >
good> > > idea:> > >> > > A Lobby for clans/GSPs/groups of friends to link
together servers which> > > they> > > like playing on?> > >> > > Then when one
of them becomes free the first 4/8 people in the Group> > Lobby> > > join?> >
individual> > > servers you can search for Lobbys OR servers in the
serverbrowser> > > {i.e on different tabs?}> > >> > >> > > Feedback and
opinions! Thanks Philip Bembridge> > >> > > {Feel free to flame, but please
offer suggestions if you do ^^}> > > {btw is it lobbys or lobbies?}> > >