Wazza?

On all the other mods I run I've used unique filepath directories though now
with the l4d servers I'm running I'm focused on setting them up to run from a
shared directory. I using the cdmline switch +servercfgfile though it reports
'unknown command servercfgfile' at the server load, crazy thing is... its

I'd be curious to hear how some others might be doing things...?

The reason I ask is... i've runin into this crazy bug that I can't figure out...

For those that wish to continue reading...

What I observed and reported to our friends at Valve:

I was able to run a server which populated and stayed full for many hours. This
morning I saw a few comment that they were not getting any traffic, myself
included.

I restarted the server and it seems im back to crashing every 3 minutes as
reported last week. I'm running basically a vanilla server and was forced to
shut down our l4d servers. Upon crash there are no mini dumps generated for me
to send.

Stats:-

Win2k3x64, 4gb ddr2 1066, 15k raptor (l4d up to date)

Cmdline:-

srcds.exe -game left4dead -console +map l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment -ip
xx.xx.xx.xx +hostport xxxxx

Server.cfg

hostname blabla
setmaster add 68.142.72.250:27011
setmaster add 72.165.61.189:27011

About a day later I reported again with a way which seemed to get things
working:

Out of frustration I began this morning looking to see if there was any update
news or any changes to l4d etc. I fired up the same troubled server environment
I wrote you about. To my surprise it ran fine for probably 3 hours and we all
fragged some zombies.

Now, my plan was to shut the server down and reconfig things to run a few more
apps from the existing l4d directory on diff ports etc 30025, 30035, 30045 and
run server-8 server-9 server-10 .cfgs which would be identified with the
cmdline addition +servercfgfile server-8.cfg etc. etc.

Now I restarted the first l4d server to test and it was back to square one
crashing consistently every 3 minutes. So, I reverted back to the basic
server.cfg as described below and removed +servercfgfile server-8.cfg from the
commandline. This had no effect and the server continually kept crashing every
3 mins.

At this point I'm totally baffled, my next step I removed the server.cfg
entirely and started the server, you can see in the attached console dump it
looks for the server cfg though its not found and the server runs past the 3
minute mark without crashing. Now I manually load the server config loaded with
hostname and setmaster info (people connect and the server awakes) and its up
and running and doesn't seem to be crashing.

I know if you cant reproduce the error its probably tuff to fix though if
memory serves me right I think others posted troubles on the hlds list about
"no server.cfg troubles". I'm not sure if any of this info will help though I
hope it does.

Thx for reading...