-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Sunderland
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:43 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] sv_steamgroup_exclusive issues

Ok, so I figured out I am able to connect to the server just fine from
different locations, not just my lan, if I disable lobby connect only.

So now I have to go back to using connect from the console to get on my
server.  Yet, it still shows up as one of my steam group servers when I
start l4d.  But if you try to connect from there, it starts the lobby then
tells me it can't find a dedicated server.  The problem really stems from
the lobby system I suppose.  The game shows up for everybody in my group,
but when it is exclusive nobody can connect to it using the interface.
Forced to use the console.

Obviously, for now connecting through the console isn't a huge issue.  But
what's the point of the steam group exclusivity variable if we could just
set a password instead?

I had thought it was a problem with my config, but it seems like that might
not be the case.

Is the sv_steamgroup_exclusive stuff really fully implemented yet?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you opened the ports on your router?
>
> Matchmaking (I am not sure haven't really looked into it) may make a
> connection to the matchmaking system/server and then connect the clients
> your server through the matchmaking connection, in effect acting like a
> "middle-man" and bypassing router/firewalls. When not using the
Matchmaking
> i.e. making it steamgroup exclusive, then yes it would probably rely on
the
> correct configuration of the NAT forwarding from your router?
>
> Then again I could be wrong and maybe it's a bug.
>
> Regards,
> Jason

IP