Let's not oversell things, fellas.  SourceMod's website /clearly/ states
that the development branch that supports L4D is still considered to be
alpha code.  That means major features haven't been coded yet.  Complete
crashes and/or data corruption are to be expected even with features that
are implemented.  Therefore, I would strongly recommend not rolling it out
unless you are volunteering to help the dev team debug their codebase.

If you are in a position to help them out, by all means feel free.  Just
don't get pissed if there is major breakage.  :)