-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Major Nut
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:29 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Petition: Lobbies for Group Servers

I guess people have not figured this out yet, but we have our server doing
all those things you are "petitioning for.  Well, I have one exception to
your list and that is: No. 4.  You just have to know how to use it.  The
point of the key is basically a filter to tie the lobby leader to the
desired DS, nothing more.  Our has been quite successful the entire last
week:

server.cfg has these elements and nothing extra aside from hostname, rcon,
log commands:

set steam group
no exclusive
set search key value, w/ no quotes
sv_allow_lobby connect cvar to 1

client setting:

anyone wanting to be the lobby leader for that DS needs to enter in the
sv_search_key similarly.

Here is a link to spell it out for those that feel this works just fine as
I'm not the only that has this working dandy:

http://www.velocity-servers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5365&pid=18873&st
=0&#entry18873

--
[FLASH] MjrNuT
Arise from Flames and Ash, Behold Immortality

www.flamesandash.com