And just to follow up on these helpful comments...after running any of these
methods, you'll still only see a max of ~30.0fps from the server. Left 4
Dead is locked that way, so you won't be obtaining any higher value.  My
Windows server hovers at about 28.4fps with very few drops below that.  You
should see similar results.

I've noticed that Linux L4D servers seem to get a little closer to 30.0, but
1fps in the whole scheme of things will not make a bit of difference.(Don't
tell anybody that plays Counter-Strike I said that.)

                                                    -Richard Eid