-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Ook
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 5:29 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list

I've been on this list longer then most of you. Having Alfred here was a
real treat, and there have been a few others that have come and gone over
the years. But for the most part, we've been on our own.

I don't really blame them for shutting the list down. Valve has made some
unpopular decisions lately, and we on this list have not hesitated to tell
Valve how stupid we though they were for doing whatever they were doing. I
think it started going downhill back about the time Valve decided to push
Steam on us. There was a huge pushback, but Valve didn't care - they did it
anyhow. Likewise for several other decisions they have made that have been
less then popular with us. Steam seems to have worked out OK for the most
part, but I can't say the same for other things they have done.

I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. I for one won't be joining the
forums. I don't have the tolerance for their Nazi moderators, which is why I

left the verc forums a long time ago. When this list goes away, I guess I'll

be going away also.

Can I get out the Thwack! stick one last time, and this time use it on
Valve?