Hi!

Nice idea with that steamgroup string!

But I'm with voogru, Server should be added in the steamgroup admin panel.

Would fix, the problem with our planned moving our well populated public
DOD:S Server.

Just change the entry in the admin panel, tell our players to join our group and
all is going just well! :)

-Hyphon

Am 17 Mar 2009 um 14:38 hat Spencer 'voogru' MacDonald geschrieben:

You can't password sv_steamgroup, plug-ins could forcefully change it
anyway.

A better option would be to have the administrator add his servers onto his
steam group, and servers from the groups your are associated with show up in
a different color to make them more visible. Another change I'd like to see,
is change the "get server list" function to retrieve servers from your
groups, and then from the master list.

Group servers show up on top of the rest of the servers.

This is pretty much the only implementation I would support. I would be
strongly against sv_steamgroup in its current form being ported to TF2
because the last thing I want is some schmuck running servers that are
masquerading as my servers.

- voogru.