Hey! Sorry to resurrect the dead [thread] but just got back from holiday
(and forgot to send this draft) and this may be useful to some

A friend created an update to the TF2 layout and added a bunch of stuff
including a connect to favourite server button, you could perhaps see how he
did it and modify it. Neway his original is here:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/guis/15422

I'm going to modify it to have quick connect buttons to my clans servers.

Just before msleeper flames:
*This could be useful to admins wanting members to have a quick way of
connecting to their server.*
(anyone wanna take bets on if he read this? lol)

Regards, Phil B