What i did so far:

1. Step:

Went  into game/properties/local files/ then clicking verify cache files it
started updating again.

When i launched the game and i tried to join a server then i either get
disconnected because i dont have the new plr Map or a
"particles/water_dx80.pcf" error what leads to a disconnect.

Console output for the disconnected error:

    Bad CRC for particles/burningplayer.pcf
    Bad CRC for particles/burningplayer_dx80.pcf
    Bad CRC for particles/teleport_status.pcf
    Bad CRC for particles/water.pcf
    Bad CRC for particles/water_dx80.pcf
    Server is enforcing consistency for this file:
        Host_Error: Server is enforcing file consistency for
particles/water_dx80.pcf

Console output for "version" command AFTER update:

    ] version
    Protocol version 15
    Exe version 1.0.5.4 (tf)
    Exe build: 12:07:50 May  4 2009 (3831) (440)

2. Step:

I have deleted TF2 (delete local content - via game menu) and
re-downloaded...
Now its a loop - finished dl followed by verify game -> updating -> verify
game -> updating -> and so on...
When i restart steam and then try to launch TF2 it validates and then jumps
from 0% -> 100% and nothing happens or it will launch but its still version
1.0.5.4 and not updated.

3. Step:

I did exit steam, then deleted steamclient.dll and clientRegistry.blob and
re-downloaded them.
Same problem.

4. Step:
Defragmented my HDD and the game files via Steam. Still no joy.

I do not have any custom files or autoexec.cfg setting.

Other people seam to have the same/similar problem:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869166
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850640
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870377
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870764