If you notice, the bulk of the list is servers hosted in former USSR
countries. Even if running a non-steam server was impossible, I really
doubt those people would pay for TF2. Valve might be able to do something
about the US, UK, and FR servers, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

That's not even accounting for the PR backlash; whenever a company cracks
down on IP violations it alienates its consumers, so companies need to be
very careful when picking and choosing targets.