Reading more into the plugin, I can't decide if it really does what I'm
looking to do.. or if what I'm trying to do is just complicated to setup.

All I need is an on-join message to display if certain admin flags are set
for that user's Steam ID.

Example:

User connects
Plugin compared user's Steam ID to
tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/admins_simple.ini
Steam ID found, lookup flags (abk)
Plugin refers to cannounce_settings.txt no message set for 'b' flag, no
message set for 'k' flag, there is a message set for 'a' flag.
Plugin performs an on-join message {PLAYERNAME} is a Reserved Slot Holder.

Likewise, it would also be good if there was a way to have a message
configured for people with 'abk' flags BUT the message would only show if
their flags were defined as 'abk'. If, lets say their flags were 'kba' and
there wasen't a message specifically set for the flag string 'kba' they
could be exempted from displaying an on-join message.

That's more descriptive of what I'm looking to do I think. The main reason
why I'd like to have the plugin compare users based upon the
tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/admins_simple.ini is simply due to alleviating
the work involved in duplicating entries for slot holders, and on-join
messages.

-Matt