Hey Dayle,

I'm just wondering what your issue is with not forcing server updates? I,
and I'm sure many other server administrators, will sacrifise a few minutes
just so then they can have a more stable, up-to-date server. Optional
updates are bad for the clients connecting to the server, for example, if an
update fixes a few exploits, some clients can come on and damage the
experiance for the other players on the server, just because the server
administrator is too lazy to update.

My two cents ;)

On 10/07/2009, Dayle Flowers <da...@tripwireinteractive.com> wrote:

> We did beta testing, but there was an unforeseen compatibility issue
> with non-updated servers because this was an optional update.  Rather
> than forcing everyone to update, we have decided it's best to revert to
> the previous revision until we can properly fix the compatibility tomorrow.
>
> Thanks,
> Dayle Flowers
> Senior Programmer
> Tripwire Interactive, LLC.
>

> Michael Krasnow wrote:
> > what has the world come to! (please beta test and what was the issue?)
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM, John Gibson <
> j...@tripwireinteractive.com>wrote:
> >

> >> All,
> >>
> >> We have discovered an issue with the optional Killing Floor dedicated
> >> server update that was released a few minutes ago. Due to this we have
> >> had to revert this update. So if you already updated you're server with
> >> the July 9th update (today), then please re-update your server. This
> >> will revert your server to the previous (working) version.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> John Gibson
> >> President
> >> Tripwire Interactive LLC