Have you done a traceroute/ping to your server to see if it's a network
issue? Is your server running on a higher priority than other services on
your machine? What else is running on the machine? It's possible another
program is taking over the available resources on the server and causing
this "freezing lag," or you are having some type of network issue. You said
it doesn't happen at the same time for everyone...so it may very well be a
network issue.

--
Cc2iscooL
Head Admin/Owner