As an alternative to using -m string, you can just filter length 53
packets - no packets aside from the query packet end up being that
length. Not super elegant, but a lot less overhead.

And, as I said, my daemon works differently and could be used to easily
start thousands of fake servers on a single box, which would screw more
things over than it would help.

- Neph