First:
What type of server? leased/Owned? remote colo? what level of access do
you have to it?

Second: have you checked available resources on the server? When is the
last time that the server was restarted/rebooted?

Have you checked the security on the server itself?

Check the log and see if the same user tries to connect before the
crash, if so, drop them in the banned user list.

Also, that's not a crash, but a clean exit. if I hard kill the server
process, the logs do NOT end that clean. OTOH, if I `quit' at the server
console...

Shawn/OB