you shouldn't have to do much more. You can google l4d server.cfg to see if
there's something else you like, but gameservers (which is junk btw) should
have a default server.cfg that works fine. Most of the tweaking is just to
make sure people can connect, make sure the options in the server.cfg are
set to how you want it, like to "0" or "1", etc.

I basically just use the default server.cfg files for my l4d2