It be nice if there were official support for multiple arena servers...You
could try using alias.

For your second arena server add this to it's serverwhatever.cfg (order
matters).

mapcyclefile "arena2_mapcycle"
alias mapcyclefile

And on the start up parameters for server2 just add +exec serverwhatever

This way the original arena_config.cfg won't overwrite your mapcycle,
hopefully.

Note: The new mapcycle file might only take effect next map. Also you can
alias any other commands you don't want the original arena_config to
overwrite.